Athletic Training Room Rules
Athletic Training Room Home
- Only Varsity Athletes will be treated in the Athletic Training Room. (no club or intramural sports)
- All athletes must be signed in when entering the training room for treatment.
- No athlete may administer treatment to him or herself or to anyone else.
- Supplies and/or equipment are not to be removed from the training room without permission from a certified athletic trainer (i.e. tape, scissors, medications, exercise equip., etc...)
- Treatment will be administered as directed by a certified athletic trainer after evaluation.
- No Cleats - No Profanity - No Loitering - No Tobacco products in the athletic training room.
- Taping and treatment will be on a 1st come, 1st serve order, regardless of gender or sport. In-season sports will receive priority. Arrive early before practice. It will be your responsibility to get to practice on time. Do not use the athletic trainers as an excuse for late arrival to practice
- It is your responsibility as an athlete to report all athletic injuries/illnesses to a certified athletic trainer. Failure to do so will invalidate any insurance coverage by the college.
- Report all prescription medications and over-the-counter nutritional supplements you may be using to a certified athletic trainer. False information on supplements could result in a positive drug test for banned substances contained in the product. Athletes face positive drug test penalties in these cases.
- The medical staff is committed to providing athletes with the best possible health care. Please treat our staff in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner. Failure to do so will revoke training room privileges.
- Please respect and return college property including water bottles, coolers, etc...
- Cell Phones - If you need to use your cell phone please step out of the Athletic Training Room. This is to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of all athletes who enter.
- Supplies and/or equipment are not to be removed from the training room without permission from a certified Athletic Trainer. (i.e. tape, scissors, medications, exercise equip., etc...)
- No shoes allowed on treatment tables.
- Please practice proper hygiene (i.e. showering, washing practice/game clothes, no sharing towels or hygiene products, etc.) in order to reduce the risk of MRSA or other bacterial agents in the athletic training room and locker rooms.
- No one is to administer his/her own treatment. Most of our equipment is hazardous to the unknowing and too expensive to be abused.
- There is no reason to be messy or sloppy. Place all trash in containers no matter how big the rush.
**Failure to comply with these rules will result in your removal from the athletic training room. **