The Enterprise Expansion Opportunity Network (EEON) is an initiative of Calumet College of St. Joseph to support the growth of Northwest Indiana businesses and other organizational partners while improving the job prospects of Indiana college graduates as well as students pursuing a range of higher education credentials and degrees.
The objective of this program is to provide your organization with talented upper level college students who can be an asset to your organization by bringing enthusiasm and fresh ideas at no expense to you. At the same time, the student is gaining experience to be an asset to an organization post-graduation.
This Experiential Learning project is not equivalent to an internship although some aspects may sound a little familiar. Students assigned to your organization must qualify through a rigorous assessment process and participate in monthly seminars to ensure they have the knowledge, skills, and disposition to be effective in the workforce.
We hope your organization will take full advantage of this partnership to grow and strengthen your organization.
- To effectively prepare talented underserved students to fill professional-level positions in Northwest Indiana, in part through assessing and improving our own programs and in part through cooperation with other Catholic colleges in Northwest Indiana, a goal that meshes seamlessly with the College mission.
- To offer area businesses the opportunity to expand by using EEON Associates, a goal that meshes seamlessly with economic development initiatives in the region we serve. We will prepare our students to be successful in the workplace and outstanding juniors and seniors will apply to become EEON Associates. These EEON Associates will gain experience and employ their talents and training to help region businesses and industry expand further than they otherwise might.
Calumet College of St. Joseph’s EEON Program is committed to connecting local business partners with highly qualified, diverse candidates who are ready to contribute from the very first day. We know it’s not about how many students you meet, but how well those students meet your needs. As your strategic partner providing talent to meet your diversity workforce needs, and talent from our professional graduate network – we are in this for the long-term, just like you.
EEON Partners Benefit from…
• Early access and cultivation of talented people who have leadership potential.
• An opportunity to hire individuals who understand the nature of your company’s business, its corporate culture, and its clients.
• Obtain talent that have already been trained and coached to contribute on Day 1.
• Receive better trained workers by helping shape CCSJ’s curriculum to meet the needs of today’s job market.
• Save on the cost of recruiting, developing, and training new employees.
• Access to our professional graduate network.