- Letter from President Lowery
- Personal Life
Saint Joseph’s College Students,
Please know that we share your sense of loss. The suspension of traditional academic programming at Saint Joe’s is painful for all of us at Calumet College of St. Joseph as well. As you may know, we, too, were founded by the Missionaries of the Precious Blood. In fact, we opened our doors in 1951 as an outreach initiative sponsored by Saint’s Joseph’s College. The loss of our sister institution is painful for all of us.
Our hope now is to be of some assistance to Saint Joe’s students who are looking for a new home. For those of you for whom Calumet College of St. Joseph might be a good fit, we can promise the following:
- The full acceptance of all of your credits from Saint Joseph’s College;
- A “teach out” strategy that will allow you to receive a degree from St. Joseph’s College if you so desire and if you have earned 90 or more credit hours;
- A guaranteed path to graduation within four years if you are currently on a path to accomplish this goal;
- Net tuition equal to or less than the net tuition you are now being charged; and
- A meeting with one of our coaches to explore the opportunity to join one of our athletics teams if you are a student-athlete.
If you are interested in exploring this option, please call Andy Marks, our Director of Enrollment, at (219) 473-4295. Mr. Marks can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org as well. Our intent is to provide concierge service to all Saint Joseph’s students during this time of uncertainty.
Daniel Lowery, Ph.D.
Our teach-out strategy will enable you to receive a degree from St. Joseph’s College if you so desire and if you have earned 90 or more credit hours. Alternatively, you could transfer to Calumet College of St. Joseph. When you come to CCSJ, we will
- Accept your credits from Saint Joe’s.
- Accept your Core credits as our General Education Program requirements.
- Provide appropriate seminar classes to complete your Core requirements.
- Provide a pathway to graduation in your major that incorporates all the work you have done.
- Accept President’s Scholars as part of the St. Gaspar’s Honors Learning Community, including a trip to Europe in May, and give all SJC students every consideration in applying for Honors Learning Community membership.
To address your financial concerns, we will honor all your current federal and state financial awards, based upon eligibility. We will consider you for additional CCSJ programs that may lower your cost of attendance if you are eligible.
If you aspire to continue your athletic career at CCSJ, we offer twenty athletic programs. We will put you in touch with the appropriate coach, and once again, we will give you every consideration in these programs.
Calumet College of St. Joseph offers a thriving campus ministry program. If you have looked forward to Saint Joe’s Kairos retreat, for example, you’ll want to become part of the CCSJ program. The College is adjacent to Whiting, Indiana, a community with a traditional small-town feel located between the natural beauty of Lake Michigan and the excitement of Chicago. Here you can find it all: small-town life, bike trails and shoreline, and big-city activities.
Current Saint Joseph's College Students
Calumet College of St. Joseph will be at the Halleck Student Center at Saint Joseph’s College on Monday, February 13 from 10:00 to 4:00. Our team of enrollment, advising, and financial aid specialists, along with the Athletic Director, head of Campus Ministry, and Vice President of Academic Affairs, will be able to answer all your questions, arrange for a campus visit, and start the enrollment process right away. We can provide pathways to graduation for students in the following majors:
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Digital Arts
- Elementary Education
- English – Literature
- English – Creative Writing
- Philosophy/Philosophy and Religion/Religion and Philosophy/Lay Ministry
In addition, students in some other fields, such as Sports Marketing, may be able to achieve their career goals at CCSJ.
Our admissions counselors can answer any questions you may have before or after our visit to campus. If you have made your decision to join the CCSJ family, simply start the process by completing the transfer application.
Calumet College of St. Joseph – it’s where You Belong!
Current High School Seniors
The fact that you were accepted by Saint Joseph’s College assures us that you are the type of student who will become a valued member of the CCSJ family. We will guarantee your acceptance to Calumet College of St. Joseph, though you still need to complete the application process.
If Saint Joseph’s College was that small Catholic college you were looking for, take the time to look at what we have to offer. As a sister institution of Saint Joseph’s College, you will find our values very similar to theirs. The footprint of the Missionaries of the Precious Blood can be clearly found in both institutions.
CCSJ will help you to develop into a well-rounded individual who sees the value of service to others while taking advantage of opportunities for personal and academic growth. The opportunities are many:
- The St. Gaspar Honors Learning Community will challenge you to excellence and provide an international travel experience.
- The Business Management program offers an undergraduate spring seminar in Spain that affords you a closer look at international business practices.
- The Science program’s research project on Alzheimer’s Disease was one of three chosen nationally to be included on the International Space Station. Science students are working diligently with NASA and eagerly await the upcoming launch. Students’ related research projects have earned them prestigious awards from colleges and universities across the nation, and our students continue into medical school and Ph.D. programs in molecular biology, pharmacology, chemistry, and psychology. This might be just what you are looking for.
- Kairos retreats offer the time and leadership to allow your relationship with God, and those around you, to take flight.
- Twenty athletic teams can help you pursue your future as a college student-athlete. Our bowling team is nationally ranked!
Calumet College of St. Joseph’s athletic program began in 2000 and in that short time has grown to 20 teams. Our athletes are students first. We are most proud of being named “Champions of Character” for six of the last seven years, including the gold designation. This NAIA sponsored program helps develop leadership and social commitment that is so vital in life beyond college.
You may find where you belong in the athletics programs at CCSJ. If you aspire to continue your athletic career, start by contacting the coach for your sport.
Calumet College of St. Joseph is primarily a commuter school. While we do not offer any on-campus housing, there are many apartments and rental properties within walking distance or a short commute by car. We will provide transferring students assistance with locating off-campus housing accommodations. If you have questions regarding housing, contact the Office of Enrollment at 219-473-4215 or email@example.com.