Administrative Assistant, Science of Reading Grant
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt (Hourly), Non-Benefits Eligible
Reports to: Program Director, Education
The Administrative Assistant will support the Lilly Science of Reading Grant team and Education Department by handling administrative tasks, assisting with scheduling and reporting requirements, setting up and maintaining databases of information, and creating marketing and promotional materials. This position will assist the grant team with communication and providing customer service to meet the needs of grant partners. This position will be the central individual for coordination of grant activities.
NOTE: This is a grant funded position through December 2026.
- Work collaboratively with the Education Department grant team to maximize productivity
- Communicate with internal and external constituents/stakeholders
- Create marketing and promotional materials
- Collect and maintain data as outlined by grant proposal
- Provide technical and administrative assistance and perform data management functions in support of Project Coordinator priorities
- Maintain digital and hard-copy records
- Ensure that all reporting responsibilities, such as time and effort reports, equipment management, and professional development are submitted accurately and on time
- Set up and provide support for meetings
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met
- Demonstrate commitment to students’ needs and confidentiality continuously
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, as well as being self-motivated
- Skilled in using Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in a K-5 school setting
- Foundational knowledge of K-2 literacy practices
- Bilingual Spanish/English highly desired
- Cover letter stating how your previous experience and qualifications match the position requirements
- Current CV or resume
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328