Advancement and Alumni Affairs Coordinator
Department: Office of Institutional Advancement
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt (Hourly), Benefits Eligible
Reports to: Executive Director of Institutional Advancement
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin July 5, 2022 and continue until position is filled
Calumet College of St. Joseph (CCSJ) is seeking a proactive and collaborative professional to coordinate and provide on-going support to the Office of Institutional Advancement. The coordinator will provide support for dynamic alumni relations, events, annual giving, and major gift efforts.
- Process daily mail and general inbox email
- Provide onsite presence and assistance and answer phones
- Keep paper and electronic files and shared documents organized and up to date
- Maintain the Advancement Office shared electronic calendar
- Assist with other Advancement Office projects/activities as needed
- Staff support for the Alumni Association
- Provide alumni event planning logistical support and coordination by collaborating with other team members to plan and implement alumni activities (e.g. homecoming, meetings, social gatherings)
- Assist with volunteer and donor stewardship
- Create, compose, and edit alumni communications, including class notes, alumni news updates and content creation for alumni social media accounts, as well as prepare reports, letters, and other written materials related to alumni relations efforts
- Manage daily and recurring gift processing. Process/produce reports (e.g., daily gift reports, pledge forecasts, fund reports, fund comparisons, credit card transactions, etc.)
- Generate gift correspondence (e.g., donors, honor/memorial, family notifications) within 2-3 business days of receipt
- Reconcile monthly batch/fund reports with the Finance Office
- Oversee pledge tracking and send pledge reminders when appropriate
- Complete/submit matching gift forms and track status of matching gift receivables
- Manage and update constituent records and ensure accuracy of each record
- Generate queries for mailings, events, reports, and donor visits
- Develop and maintain database procedures manual specific to CCSJ to ensure continuity and consistency of data entry and information retrieval
- Exercise discretion and good judgment in performing assigned duties and maintain confidentiality associated with the nature of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Organized self-starter with impeccable attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- High understanding of database systems and queries, Microsoft Office programs, and social media
- CCSJ alumni encouraged to apply
- Previous experience in higher education, alumni relations, development or nonprofit environment
- Event planning and volunteer management experience preferred
- Database management experience
- May require sitting for a long period of time utilizing the computer
- Limited pushing, pulling, stooping, and/or bending. Ability to carry or lift 15-25 lbs.
- Must be willing to travel and work some evenings and weekends
- Cover Letter
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328