Assistant Professor of English
Status: Full-Time, benefits-eligible, 9-month, Tenure-Track
Start Date: August, 2023
Application Deadline: March 1, 2023 for fullest consideration
We are seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, tenure-track position in our growing English & Media Communications (EMCO) program. The program cultivates students’ storytelling talents and provides the tools for them to communicate for creative and commercial purposes across a variety of media channels.
This position is primarily responsible to teach courses serving the college’s general education curriculum, including developmental and college-level courses in composition, along with other courses in the Humanities Department. Instructors with a background in creative writing, the humanities, composition and rhetoric, or communications are encouraged to apply.
The position requires a 4/4 teaching load and faculty participation in departmental and college-wide committees, and other duties as assigned.
- Terminal degree in English or closely related field.
- Previous college-level teaching experience.
- Experience teaching a diverse student population.
- Expertise in composition pedagogy and developmental education.
- Cover letter stating how your previous experience and qualifications match the position requirements,
- Current CV or resume,
- Names and contact information for three professional references, and
- Unofficial transcripts of your graduate coursework (official transcripts will be required for appointment) via email to: Paula Shreve, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328