Assistant Professor of Public Safety / Criminal Justice
Status: Full-Time, benefits-eligible, 9-month, Tenure-Track
Start Date: August, 2022
Application Deadline: For best consideration, apply before May 31, 2022
The public safety and criminal justice programs account for the largest programs in the college. The Bachelor of Science in Public Safety Management and Master of Science in Public Safety Administration are accelerated programs whose student population generally is sworn full time public safety professionals delivered via zoom in a mirrored format; while the criminal justice program is a traditional on campus program.
CCSJ is committed to offering attractive undergraduate and graduate programs that meet the needs of the region we serve for highly qualified practitioners. The position requires teaching undergraduate and/or graduate level courses; mentoring students; conducting research; and providing service to the college, profession, and community.
- An earned terminal degree in criminal justice, public administration, or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- College teaching experience
- Proficiency in Zoom, Blackboard, and teaching technologies
- The ability to teach a variety of criminal justice, public safety, and public administration classes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to recruit public safety and/or public administration students
- Cover letter stating how your previous experience and qualifications match the position requirements,
- Current CV or resume,
- Names and contact information for three professional references, and
- Unofficial transcripts of your graduate coursework (official transcripts will be required for appointment) via email to: Paula Shreve, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328