Athletic Trainer (Full-Time)
Start Date: June 2022
Application Deadline: Review of applications will continue until a successful candidate is selected.
The Athletic Trainer will assist with the overall administration of the athletic training facility and provide medical care to the student-athletes of CCSJ and coverage of the assigned schedules. The ideal candidate will be able to manage and provide high quality athletic healthcare for several different athletic teams. Calumet College of St Joseph is located in Whiting Indiana and competes at the NAIA level. The college sponsors 17 athletic teams and is a member of the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAC).
- Provide athletic training services for the College’s athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary based on coverage policy and conference bylaws (including visiting team accommodations and services)
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school, and the athlete
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by the team physician
- Provides specific clinical care as assigned by the Medical Director
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student- athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete
- Minimize risk of injury through awareness, education, and prevention strategies
- Organizes and maintains all medical records in accordance with federal and state regulations, including electronic documentation of all patient encounters
- Assists the Athletic Director and coaching staff in determining whether the athletic facility is in optimal and safe condition
- Helps monitor weather conditions and dangerous environments (humidity/lightning) and alerting staff as appropriate
- Maintains student-athlete insurance information
- Maintains good communication with the insurance providers and manages all paperwork required for claims
- Communicate with physicians and coaching staff regarding the injury status of athletes
- Provide accommodation recommendations, related to sport, for student athletes with restrictions or limitations
- Develops and manages the Athletic Training Facility, to maintain optimal health, safety, and welfare of all constituents
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff or coaches to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Possible lifting, bending/stooping, walking, kneeling, stretching, and pushing/pulling, and carry of up to 40 pounds unassisted. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to allow for operation of equipment. Requires normal hearing and eyesight to allow for patient interaction and transfer of patient information from the patient to online chart. Ability to handle high amounts of stress. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training or related field required
- NATA BOC Certification
- Must be eligible for Indiana licensure
- Minimum of 1+ years as a certified athletic trainer, preferably at the collegiate level
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid for the Professional Rescuer certification (ARC or AHA)
- Master’s degree
Current CV/resume and cover letter.
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328