Director, Communications & Public Relations
Department: Office of the President
Status: Full-time, Exempt (Salaried), Benefits Eligible
Reports to: President
The Director of Public Relations and Communications is a high-profile position serving as a professional liaison within the College and the surrounding community. This position maintains a high standard of visibility and partnership with internal and external constituents. Communications include working with marketing professionals on press releases and social media updates to advance the mission of the College. It also provides counsel and support to the President including board of trustees’ communications and meetings, documentation of meetings and other support functions. The position will be prepared to represent the College and the President’s Office at functions or events. May be assigned specific projects or areas of responsibility over time.
- Serve as liaison to the President’s Office between other college departments, external organizations, the general public and the region at large.
- Serve as college and community liaison within the region to assure the College is well represented.
- Be involved with both the Whiting-Robertsdale and Lakeshore Chambers of Commerce to ensure a high profile in the community for the College.
- Write and distribute press releases regarding College activities, events, and personnel and assist with social media updates.
- Create, gather and disseminate information of internal and external events to the College Family via email, Facebook, and the Weekly Wave Calendar.
- Volunteer at various events within the community to enhance the visibility and knowledge of the College to stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the President regarding upcoming project schedules and details.
- Assist with travel arrangements, as needed, for the President and Board of Trustees; serve as secretary to the Board of Trustees and as an officer of the college.
- Provide clerical support including coordination of Board and committee materials and attendance at Board of Trustee meetings.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Staff and President’s Cabinet, participating in meetings held each semester and prepare minutes and room coordination.
- Represent the President at various meetings and committees as instructed.
- Review and update the Consumer Information Disclosure on the college’s website to ensure adherence to federal regulations, regularly sharing required information with the College Family, Adjunct Faculty, and student body as required for the Department of Education.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Previous experience in a similar environment along with knowledge of higher education practices
- Cover letter stating how your previous experience and qualifications match the position requirements
- Current CV or resume
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328