Director of Accounting and Internal Controls
Department: Business and Finance
Status: Full-time, Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Reports to: Vice President for Business & Finance
Application Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including A/R, A/P, Student Financial Services and Business Office. This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that college assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and reporting requirements. Will have direct management responsibility of the following: General Accountants , Credit Manager & Accounts Payable/Billing Supervisor, Student Financial Services and Business Office.
- Work closely with VPBF to manage Accounting processes and staff accountants
- Manage timely reviews & approve all balance sheet accounts, including monthly bank reconciliation and GL account reconciliations
- Oversee monthly accounting entries and other close procedures, including quarterly and annual adjustments
- Optimize AR and AP functions
- Manage Accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain accounting compliance records
- BA in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years progressive accounting or auditing experience
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Experience in month-end closing processes, functional reporting, cash flow forecasting and preparation of reports.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a higher education or other non-profit environment
- Cover Letter
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328