Department: Enrollment Management
Status: Full-Time, Exempt (Salary), Benefits-Eligible
Reports to: Director, Enrollment Management
Application Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
The Enrollment Counselor works as part of the team to recruit, enroll and retain students at CCSJ. The successful individual will have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in order to relate to a diverse student population. This role is primarily responsible for representing CCSJ within the community and other organizations where college bound students can be found. This individual must be knowledgeable about the facilities and programs offered and have the ability to recruit students from all backgrounds.
- Meet with student inquiries with regard to fulfillment of preadmission academic requirements.
- Conduct information meetings on and off campus.
- Assist with communications between prospective students and various college departments, such as registration, financial aid, and student services.
- Oversee customer service quality in the admissions and enrollment processes for programs
- Respond to prospective student inquiries via telephone, face-to-face, web and email.
- Interact with local businesses and organizations to promote awareness of program(s).
- Establish and maintain contacts in the business community.
- Participate in available showcase activities, such as college fairs, job fairs, and special events.
Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior experience in higher education, marketing, sales, and recruiting and or student personnel services preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Empower student database is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and serve as a team player on a small staff
- Prior knowledge of Chicagoland area high schools is a plus
Current CV/resume and cover letter
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328