Head Coach eSports
Reports to: Director of Enrollment
Application Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
The head coach of the newly implemented eSports program is responsible for recruiting, administering and growth of the program. This position will focus on building a competitive environment that incorporates education and builds character in alignment with the colleges mission. The head coach must possess strong interpersonal and management skills to build the eSports program. This position will be responsible for maintaining a competitive roster with goals for recruiting and retention.
- Collaborate with Admissions and Advising to recruit and retain eSport student-athletes.
- Recruit and maintain annual eSport roster number of 20.
- Develop and execute practice plans and competition schedule for eSports team.
- Develop, teach, coach and mentor eSports team
- Prepare eSports student-athletes for NACE, Tespa and other tournaments and competitions.
- In collaboration with institution administration maintain facilities for practice and competition.
- Create strategic plan for expansion of eSports program
- Manage eSports program budget and inventory
- Manage and lead eSports coaching staff
- Abide by University and NACE policies and procedures.
- Create educational environment that promotes critical thinking, teamwork and character building.
Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be successful in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Knowledge and experience of eSports games such as; League of Legends, Overwatch, DOTA 2, Hearthstone
- Experience managing budgets
- Prior eSports coaching experience preferred
- Current or past professional eSports gamer preferred
- Experience recruiting in higher admissions or athletics preffered.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communications skills, verbal and written
- Ability to speak and present information one on one and/or to small/large groups
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful working conditions
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and serve as a team player on a small staff
- Ability to be self-motivated and maintain initiative
- Cover Letter highlighting previous experience and qualifications
- Current Resume
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328