Head Coach, Weightlifting
Status: Part-time, Exempt, Non-Benefits Eligible
Reports to: Executive Director for Athletics and Enrollment Operations
Application Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
The Head Coach is responsible to recruit student athletes, administer the sports program in accordance with the policies of Calumet College of St. Joseph and assist with retaining the student athlete for their full educational commitment. The Head Coach is expected to spend approximately 75% of their time in student coaching and teaching activities with the remaining 25% of their time spent on recruitment and team travel activities.
- Provide all student athletes with a quality collegiate academic and athletic experience
- Work in cooperation with the Athletic Director on a strategic plan for program growth and competitiveness; oversee and coordinate all recruitment and retention activities to build a competitive program
- Demonstrate and implement successful year round training plans for all student athletes committed to the sport (pre-season, in-season, post-season)
- Effectively communicate with all College faculty, staff and administration on the academic progress of the sport’s student athletes
- Consistently demonstrate strong, positive and productive leadership skills
- Administer the sports program in accordance with the policies and procedures of CCSJ
- Collaborate creatively with hands-on fundraising opportunities for the Athletic Department and the sport.
- Manage assistant coaching staff (if assigned) associated with the program while encouraging cooperation and teamwork
- Develop various camps/clinics during the year to help promote the program and the College.
- Bachelor degree in appropriate area of specialization
- Currently holds proper coaching certifications or willing to acquire the certifications
- CPR/First Aid/AED certified
- Previous coaching experience in high school and/or higher education environment in the sport
- 1-3 years’ college coaching and recruiting experience in the sport or extensive high school coaching experience
- Ability to cooperate with other coaches, athletic department staff, faculty and staff to provide the optimum intercollegiate experience for the student athlete
- Maintain a clear understanding of the role of athletics within a private, Catholic liberal arts setting
- Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Cover Letter
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328