PT Library Assistant
Department: Academic Affairs, Student Success Center
Status: Part-Time, Hourly
Reports to: Director, Specker Memorial Library & Academic Resources Center
Hours: Evenings and Weekends
Under the direction of the Director, the Library Assistant is a front-line generalist providing student and operational support to the newly merged Specker Memorial Library (SML) and the Student Success Center (SSC).
- Assist patrons with general library questions
- Provide generalized research support on a wide range of subjects
- Be resourceful in utilizing academic databases and other sources of information to solve problems
- Offer training and guidance on use of library resources (both physical and electronic)
- Perform general IT support and escalate larger issues when necessary
- Manage and maintain electronic records via the library information system
- Conduct general cataloguing and collection maintenance tasks under direction of library staff
- Manage attendance and data collection for study groups and workshops
- Assist Librarian with textbook semester planning and preparation
- Provide support to check-in, distribute, and return materials
- Answer questions and provide general support related to textbook rental process
- Engage in shipment preparation and textbook returns to vendor
- Utilize the technology adopted to manage the entire process and become proficient in managing the system
- Maintain and organize the SML & SSC space
- High School Diploma or GED Customer Service experience a plus.
- Customer Service experience a plus
- Associates degree or at least 2 years experience in a higher-education environment
Resume and Cover Letter
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328