Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt (hourly)
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Application Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
This position works closely with the Maintenance team and supervisor. Job duties will include, but are not limited to, assembly, installation, trouble shooting, adjustment and repair of electrical, mechanical equipment and distribution systems. This position is highly visible within the organization.
- Open building on specified days/weekends;
- Inspect and maintain all machine rooms on a daily basis;
- Repair plumbing or electrical malfunctions;
- Perform necessary landscaping duties and seasonal snow removal
- Be available for on call emergencies;
- Repair, patch and paint walls as needed;
- Work as part of a team to provide support and maintenance to the facilities;
- Be responsive to requests for assistance from staff, faculty, students and visitors;
- Provide excellent customer service to all staff, faculty, students or others;
- Assist with coordination of recycling efforts (gathering, hauling, etc);
- Classroom and special event room set up;
- Identify and address maintenance issues throughout facilities;
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand general mechanical, electrical and engineering operations
- Lift 50-100 lbs; carry heavy materials more than 50 feet
- Climb fixed ladders from 20-40 ft.
- Maintain balance on ladders for up to 30 minutes
- Provide snow removal utilizing hand held shovel and walk behind snow thrower in extreme cold conditions for up to 90 minutes at a time.
- Work outdoors in hot weather (Provide necessary landscape duties to include weed trimming, tree limb pick up.)
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Strong motivation and self-starting/prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of students, staff and faculty.
- Possess organizational, analytical, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, reports, and policies.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Excel)
- Cover Letter highlighting previous experience and qualifications
- Current Resume
- List of References
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328