Department: HSI STEM Project
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: HSI STEM Project Director
The Project Assistant will support the HSI STEM Project Director by handling all secretarial tasks, helping with reporting requirements, setting up spreadsheets to track project expenditures, and taking minutes for all staff meetings. This position will assist the Project Director in record-keeping, project implementation, budget monitoring, and work with all levels of personnel and student cohort contacts. Note: Grant-funded position.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Director and team to maximize productivity
- Provide technical and administrative assistance and perform data management functions in support of Project Director priorities
- Communicate with internal and external constituents/stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure program compliance with all local, state and federal agency regulations, policies and procedures.
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met
- Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside consultants efficiently
- Report updates verbally and in written form to management
- Monitor budget and help ensure resources are used efficiently
- Help discern requirements and assign tasks to team members
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks, such as research and email
- Demonstrate commitment to students’ needs and confidentiality continuously
- Associates degree or 3-5 years work experience in an office setting
- At least one year of experience working with student populations, preferably in a high school or community college setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, as well as being self-motivated
- Skilled in using Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly desired
- Cover Letter highlighting previous experience and qualifications
- Current Resume
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328