Receptionist/Desk Clerk, Welcome and Information Center
Department: Student Engagement and Retention
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt (Hourly), Benefits Eligible
Reports to: Vice President, Student Engagement & Retention
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Application Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
This position is the first public point of contact for students and visitors to the college: answering phone calls, greeting and directing arriving guests, and providing general administrative support for student services. This position provides general administrative support for the first-floor student services offices at the Welcome and Information Center (WIC) desk. To be successful in this position, you must be flexible, self-motivated, customer service-oriented, able to effectively handle multiple priorities and deadlines, and detail–oriented with strong follow-up skills. You must also embody integrity and professionalism to serve as a colleague in a developing and evolving team.
- Presenting a welcoming presence to the members of the College community and our visitors
- Greet and direct visitors/students to the appropriate individuals/departments
- Receiving all incoming calls to the Welcome and Information Center in a timely and professional manner, and directing telephone calls to the correct individual or office
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the student services departments
- Supervise work-study students when appropriate
- Conduct all activities within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Professional Suite
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with students, faculty and staff
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred and/or extensive experience working in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328