Department: Business and Administration
Status: Full-time, Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Reports to: Vice President, Business and Administration
Application Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day functions of the financial responsibilities of the College. They work individually and as part of a team to assure records and transactions are completed in a timely, efficient and ethical manner. The Staff Accountant has a primary duty to assure standard accounting practices are followed in the course of their work.
- Record daily financial transactions following GAAP
- Reconcile daily integrations from Business Office, Development, and Enrollment
- Review General Ledger accounts for errors daily
- Release Accounts Payable batches weekly
- Post payroll journal entries semi-monthly and monitor payroll tax deposits
- Generate reports for various departments such as Financial Aid, Athletics and Grants as needed monthly/annually
- Assist and prepare various schedules/workpapers for annual audit
- Gather information for various annual tax filings
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration/Management, or related field
- Four (4) years of experience in Accounting
- Experience working in higher education
- Cover Letter
CCSJ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of typically underrepresented groups to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to the mission of CCSJ and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States, verification of education/credentials, and a background check.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Phone: (219) 473-4328