On-Campus Residence Life
Living at CCSJ
As the college continues to expand, we are excited to open our new 63 bed, three-story residence hall on campus. Each floor has common space allowing ample room for studying and gathering.
Rooms are double occupancy with a large common bathroom and shower that services each floor. The hall is designed for co-ed residences separated by floor and is a short walk to the main academic building and Rittenmeyer Athletic Center.
Why should you live on campus?
- Free Parking
- Fun with friends
Each dorm-style room accommodates two students of the same gender. Students can request a preferred roommate. Furniture per student: bed, desk, chair, and dresser. There are two laundry rooms available for student use. The residence hall will have security 24/7.
Submit Housing Application and Application Fee
Submit the CCSJ housing application and pay the non-refundable $200 application fee.
Submit Housing Deposit
Submit the CCSJ housing deposit of $300. You will receive an email with the information on making the deposit once step one is complete.
Submit Immunization and Health History Documentation
Please submit the student immunization records and health history document. This information is emailed to the student once step two is complete.
Review Move-in Day and What to Bring Info Below
Please review the move-in day information, What to bring, What not to bring and CCSJ provided items below on this page.
Congrats! Today is finally here and you are moving into the Residence Hall. We are excited to have you!
|Double Occupancy Suite-Style Room (August-May)||$6,000 per person|
|Housing Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$200|
|Meal Plan (August-May)||$3,000|
Move-in and household information
The information below includes move-in dates and times, along with a quick guide on what you should bring with you and what you should leave at home.
Move-in is scheduled for Wednesday, August 31. Early move-in is available for students participating in August University-sponsored activities or programming. Early move-in options are August 1 and 8 and require approval in advance.
CCSJ will provide:
- XL Twin Bed (XL)
- Desk Chair
- Wastebaskets/recycling bin
- WiFi (Cable TV and Ethernet connections)
For Your Room
- Sheets: x-long twin 80″
- Mattress Pad
- Pillowcases & pillow(s)
- Blanket & comforter
- Towels & washcloths
- Alarm clock
- Power strip
- Laundry bag and supplies
We will provide a packing list in June, for your anticipated move in August.
Items to Leave at Home
- Hoverboards of any kind
- Candles, incense, plug-in air fresheners, oil lamps, oil or wax warmers, or any item with an open flame
- Triple/quad sockets, plug multipliers, or power strips; extension cords that are not UL approved or have visible signs of fraying or breakage
- Appliances over 120 volts AC, 60 cycles, 200 watts, or 2 amps
- Halogen, oil, lava, or sun/heat lamps
- Homemade or store-bought lofts
- Pets (including fish in a 10 gallon or smaller tank)
- Power tools, spotlight/floodlight, or other devices which have potential to disrupt community
- Firearms, weapons, fuel/flammable liquids, or other dangerous or hazardous material
- Water-filled furniture or apparatuses such as waterbeds, pools of any kind, hot tubs, or liquid-filled containers of any kind over 10 gallons
- Otherwise acceptable small appliances such as coffeepots or irons that are not UL approved or do not have an auto-shut off feature
- Homemade or home-modified appliances
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there is a communal kitchen with a communal microwave.
No, each floor has community bathrooms.
The housing contract is a fall (August-December) and spring (January-May) term.
No, all units are fully furnished. Please do not bring extra furniture that will not fit in your apartment and room. All items must be moved out at the end of lease. There is no summer storage.
The university is encouraging all students to get vaccinated to protect themselves and others from COVID-19.
Refrigerators are permitted in the residence hall provided they are within the following limits:
- 120 volt, 60 cycle AC, 200 watts, 2 amp; compressor hermetically sealed, self-lubricating; Underwriters Laboratory (UL) approved, and in good condition.
- One refrigerator is allowed per double room.
- Microfridges are permitted.
The bed ends have a maximum clearance of 33″ which would allow for a standard mini-fridge of 26″ high to fit underneath the bed.
Residents may bring their cars.
No, renter’s insurance is not required BUT recommended.
Move-in is scheduled for Wednesday, August 31. Early move-in is available for students participating in August University-sponsored activities or programming.
College is a transition time for most students and in order to get the most out of your college experience, the University assists by providing a structured housing and dining program. When the needs for food and shelter are met, students can focus on their studies and on adjusting to college life. Students living in the residence hall are required to purchase a meal plan.