Minor in Graphic Design
A minor in Graphic Design provides students with a foundational understanding of design thinking methodology along with a general understanding of typography, color theory and concept development.
Students receive hands-on technical training with Adobe software in order to perform computer-based forms of graphic design, video editing and basic animation. Graphic Design is a valuable addition to virtually any major and opens doors to diverse careers in journalism, public relations, advertising, marketing, social media and more.
15 Credit hours
The following courses are required:
- ARTS 140 Introduction to Graphic Design *
- ARTS 341 Design Thinking
- ARTS 343 Visual Design with Adobe Illustrator
- ARTS 355 Publication Layout with Adobe InDesign
- ARTS 499 Senior Project and Portfolio
- ARTS 390 Digital and Studio Arts Critique and Seminar (0 credit hours)
*If students choose Intro to Graphic Design as part of the Gen Ed distribution, this minor actually takes only 12 additional credits.