The library has been going through a busy remodeling process over the past couple of months. New carpeting and flooring have been installed on the heavily used 1st floor. Small group and individual student study rooms are now available for student use. We are looking forward to the final phase of the remodeling effort! This will involve the installation of new computer workstations that will be conveniently located between the circulation area of the library and the student help center. In addition, new furniture will be placed throughout the first floor of the library to provide comfortable study and conversation areas.
Along with the facility upgrades, the following initiatives have been implemented or will be implemented over the next few months to better serve the information needs of students and faculty as well as provide a welcoming environment for student study and causal reading opportunities:
- book displays to highlight significant cultural events, holidays and reading genres (this month we are celebrating Black History Month in the library!)
- making available a limited number of academic and common interest journals
- development of a centralized fiction area on the first floor
- development of a centralized DVD collection on the first floor
- improvement of the look and ease of use of the library website
- establishment of a consolidated reference area on the 1st floor for ease of use by patrons
The library staff hopes all of these upgrades and initiatives will enhance the use of the library facilities for the entire CCSJ community!